Who We Are
Skagit Valley Healing Rooms is a Christian organization made up of more than 60 volunteers from 17 area churches. We are a member of the International Association of Healing Rooms, located in Spokane, WA which has more than 3100 Healing Rooms worldwide. The Word of God and worship of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is central to our effective prayer ministry to the emotionally, spiritually and physically sick and broken. Our vision is to establish a Kingdom Center where we minister freely and effectively to all who seek healing, as well as to train up the body of Christ to do Kingdom Work as in Matthew 10: 7-8 As you go, proclaim this message: The Kingdom of Heaven has come near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
What to Expect
How to prepare for ministry
· Rest in God’s love and presence in the auditorium and be ready to receive. Many have received healing while waiting for ministry.
· Communion cups are available for your use.
How we do ministry
· Before looking at your paper, the team prays and listens to God for His wisdom first.
· The team leader will come find you when they are ready.
· 3 team members will minister to you.
· You will have an opportunity to briefly share your need.
· They will ask permission to anoint you with a little oil James 5:14
· Ministry lasts around 15-20 minutes.
· New visitors receive a helpful information packet before leaving.
After your ministry
· Healing may come instantly, hours or days later, or progressively.
· You are free to leave or return to the soaking room until closing.
· You may return as often as you wish.
· Prayer cloths, which we anoint and pray over, are available for your use or to take to the sick.
History of Skagit Valley Healing Rooms
We, Kevin and Jennie Salt, officially became directors on November 11, 2011. Beginning in December 2012, we met in a private home with a small group for a year before being established in our first building located at 616 E Fairhaven Ave in Burlington Ave on April 20, 2013. We were open every Saturday morning, but after 6 months of growth, we adjusted our schedule and we were open every Tuesday evening from 6:30 – 8:00 pm and only the 1st and 3rd Saturday from 10:00 – 11:30 am. Team members gather to worship for an hour before ministering. The client count continues to climb, and as of April 2019, we have ministered to a total of more than 7000 clients since opening or currently 1700 annually and rising. All ministry is offered free of charge to the public. Due to the increasing number of clients, we are training new team members and will be opening Thursdays around noon in the near future.
Since moving into our new building on October 1, 2018, we have launched our Kingdom Center vision. The Kingdom Center vision is 3 fold: a Prayer Center, a Healing Center and a Training Center, all with Worship at the core.
~ The Prayer Center is organizing a 24/7 prayer schedule and will focus on shifting the 7 mountains of culture to align with God’s kingdom principles.
~ The Healing Center includes the current Healing Rooms; a Healing Rooms kids program; Deep Calls to Deep, which is an intensive 2hr session; classes and speakers on natural healing and life style training. Worship precedes all ministry.
~ The Training Center will include a 3 year School of Transformation which teaches the body of Christ how to walk out their true identity and destiny in alignment with Matthew 10:7-8.
We have hosted conferences by Cal Pierce, Director and founder of the International Association of Healing Rooms, and prophetic speaker Matt Wakefield. Also a worship concert by Rick Pino. Now that we have our own building, we are beginning to schedule more conferences for the months ahead. On the second Friday night of each month at 7pm, we offer Shekinah Worship led by various worship teams from around the region. Shekinah is Hebrew for the manifest presence of God